Sunday, January 25, 2015

Book/Movie Review: If I Stay


 I picked up the book on a black friday sale last year, but I only got to read it this summer (January). It was a quick summer read, it has less than 200 pages, and I thought it was so good. I really liked the writing style of the author, it was like hearing the main characters voice talking and telling you her story. The flashbacks were cool, it made the book unique and fast paced. 
 I really liked the main character, Mia, she was very related full, and the plot too. The plot was something real, something that could happend to anyone, and just thinking about that during the book made me a little emotional some of the times. I am probably going to read the second book.







 I watched the movie before I read the book. I went to the theaters with no commitment to read the book, well I didn't even know that it exsisted then, and I didn't know what was the movie about, but I absolutely loved it. ( My opinion before reading the book) I thought the movie was magnificent, the actors were great all together, the family's involvement with Mia's life was something I have never seen in a movie before and I cried a lot in the movie, because you can relate with the plot and the main character, is something that could happend to anyone.
 I thought that when I finished reading the book my opinion would change about the movie, because it is hard to see a movie that is true to it's book, but this movie was very faithful. However there are some things that the movie missed like, when Mia went to summer camp and the physical appearance of the character, especially Mia's. Well, I really don't bother about physical appearance matching, but Mia described herself as ordinary because of her dark hair and eyes, and in the movie she is not like that. Well, this is my opinion about the book and movie, feel free to tell yours, if you read the book or watched the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment