Friday, June 12, 2015

My Travel Bucket List | Top 10





I love to travel. It is a great opportunity to meet different people, learn about cultures, do different and fun things, eat some tradicional food, take beautiful pictures... well I love everything about traveling as you can see, but unfortunately I am only 16 and a high school student, so I don't travel that much at all. But it doesn't mean I can't plan and have a list of places I want to visit one day, when I am older and independent.

So today I am going to share with you guys the top 10 places that I want to visit in the near future. Of course I have more than 10 places that I want to go to, but if I showed all of the the countries and cities that I want to travel to, it would take probably the whole day of typing this post. They are kind of in an order of the ones that I want to visit like right now to the ones that I can wait until next month. As you can tell the compition is hard.

And one more thing... If you read the city and the country together, it does not mean that I just want to visit that especific city, it is just to be referencial.

Ok, Let's start with the list, shall we?

1. Amsterdam - Holland
I think this place is just beautiful. I want to do every single turisty stuff that there is there. The culture is so beautiful, the tulips are amazing and the museums seem so lovely. I want to visit the Van Gogh Museum and the Anne Frank museum so bad, that is why this has to be my first destination. The country is just so magnificent it self, that I think I couldn't handle just going to one city.

2. Paris - France
Main reason that I want to visit France is probably the museums, there is so much history and so much art that I couldn't just leave this place behind. It is the home of the revolution that inspired a lot of other countries to break free from what was hanging them down, and start a revolution themselves. 
Well, I'm not just going for the history and the art, but I expect the food to be good. I heard that there are a lot of mixed feelings about french food, but for what I have tasted it is pretty good. The language is beautiful in my opinion, it is just so elegant and chic, I hope that one day my french will be decent enough that I can talk with confident in Paris.

3. Stockholm - Sweden
I was mostly influenced by my father in wanting to visit this country for his obssesion with ABBA. Yeah, that's right, I want to visit this place because of a 70s band. But in my defence, I think the country and the city are beautiful, and very organized compared to Brazil.

4. New York City
I know, very cliché, but there is a reason why people love so much NY and you just discover it when you go there in person. I never went there, but in my opinion New York is the city of independence, it is where everything and anything can happend, the city that never sleeps and the city where dreams come true. Well probably not in that order or not even that at all, but I want to go there next year, it is probably the must visit place for a traveler.

5. Sicily & Verona - Italy 
I couldn't choose between these two italian cities, they are both just so beautiful, so I had to put them both in the same number. Sicily is a place my father always wanted to visit, so I kind of got influenced by him. The city is beautiful, very tradicional, it has and amazing architecture and it is very near to a celestial blue ocean, that is a bonus. 
And Verona, there is not much to say. It is just as beautiful as Sicily and as wonderful as the whole Italy. Verona is the city of Romeo and Juliet so that already says it all.

6. York - England
I had never heard of this city until I started watching Claire's channel. I fell in love with the city, it is just so old looking and historical. I just want to live there. The streets are like labyrinths, you never know where you are going to end, and they are very tiny looking too. 
If I would describe myself as a city, it would be York without a doubt.

7. Salem - Massachusetts
I always felt intrigued by the Salem witch trials that happend almost five centuries ago. And I really enjoy reading books that have some similar theme. I think the city is mysterious in a way , and that makes me want to go there so bad. 
I learnt about Salem in a funny way actually, I watched a Scooby-doo episode that was about witches and stuff and that was when I knew that I wanted to visit Salem.

8.  North Korea 
Well, you probably think I'm crazy wanting to go to a country like North Korea. But I have a reasonable explanation for it... well I don't actually, I just want to visit it. I've always been interested in the Koreas story, and visiting the country would be a good way to learn more about it. 

9. Budapest - Hungary 
If you are thinking about that movie The Grand Budapest Hotel and thinking about it being the reason why I want to visit the country? You are absolutely right. Yes, I want to visit a country just because of a movie that is probably not that acurate at all. You can call me crazy now. 
That movie made me want to know more about Budapest and probably go there one day. And other reason, actually not a reason at all, is that I really like the word Budapest.

10. Salvador - Brazil
It is just such a marvaleous city. It is kind of far from where I live here in Brazil, probably the reason why I've never went there, but that will probably change in a few years. They say that Bahia (the state where Salvador is located)  is kind of another country, because of it's different culture. 
If you are thinking of visiting Brazil I recommend you visiting various states, because every state is different, like very very different, it is like you are entering another country each time.





I hope you enjoyed this post and that it encouraged you to make your own bucket list. Have a great weekend and day,

Ana

2 comments:

  1. I study in York and it's a beautiful city, I love the history and old-fashioned shops. I've also been to Paris and Amsterdam on this list and they're two of my favourite European cities. I'd love to visit more cities around Europe (e.g. Milan, Valencia, Venice and Vienna) and further afield (including New York).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool, I can't imagine how beautiful it must be to live and study in such amazing city like York. I hope to be planning for my first europe trip like a year or two from now, and for sure York is going to be my frist stop.

      Delete