Saturday, March 21, 2015

Movie Review: Insurgent



Warning: This might have spoilers






 Yesterday I went with some friends to the mall to watch Insurgent, we were all exited bacause most of us had read the series and loved it . I was hesitant to watch the movie, because I saw the trailer and there was this mysterious box that only a divergent could open and that wasn't even in the book, but of course I was going, it is a book to movie adaptation of a book I have read and loved.

 I watched it in 3D and the quality was perfection, it look like it wasn't even real. Tris hair was awesome, I love how they cut it short just like Tris from the books. Caleb was just as annoying in the movie as in the book (no ofense to people who like him), but Peter was amazing just like in the scene of the book that he saves Tris. Four what can we say, it was Four.

 The only thing that bugged me was the box. Like where did that box come from? Not from the book that is for sure. It didn't ruined the book, in the end everything came together just like in book. I know that book to movie adaptations aren't that accurate, they will always take something out or mix the order of things, but what is the need of adding something that the author did not even write about. Stick with the book people, stick with the book! It is a premade script.

 I think I could point out more imperfections, but I am not going to, because 1- I don't want to be that fan that hates all book to movie adaptations and 2- I really don't remmember much details from the book because I read it 2 years ago. And that is probably why my friends did not like the movie, because they have read the book too recently and they were restless, just looking for flaws in the film.

 I can't say hated it, like my friends said, because I loved it. Of course there were all those imperfections, but regardless of that I still appreciated the movie. The actors and the special effects were amazing, the sound track was stupendous. And it is a movie, not a 100% faithfull one to the book, but it went a lot of work and effort of a lot of people in it, and I think that should be appreciated.




I am not going to say anything more, because I don't want to spoil anybody or influence someones's opion towards the movie. Hope you all are having great weekend.

Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment