Sunday, March 15, 2015

How to check off all things from your To Do List more efficiently






 I made a promise to myself this year to be more organized and have a more balanced life. A back story of last year, I was so stressed out, lost weight, had anxiety almost all year around and just was dying to have a break from school. And last summer (december) I told myself that I would never loose control again and that 2015 would be different, and it is.
 I feel a lot more happy and I don't get stress out that easily any more, and I think that one of the things that helped me is an agenda. I can do everything I have to do and still have leisure time. My friends always ask me "How can you have time to watch so many tv shows when we have so much do to?", and my answer is organization. I get really suprised when people tell that they don't have any time to just sit around and enjoy some Tv or read a book for an hour, because it is just a matter of balance.

 And today I thought of sharing one of the methods that is helping me a lot this year, it is of course a pretty common one, but very efficient, it is the To Do List. I never thoght that I was going to become a list type of girl, but that all changed when I got my agenda. It such a simple thing to do, but it works wonders, and I'm going to share some tips to help you with your To Do List.





  1. Write everything and anything
Write everything that you have to do in the day, it can be as simple as washing the dishes or it can be as harder as to finish an important project, but every simple task that you write on your list is going to be easier to finish and you feel accomplished. Some of the things that I write is to make coffee, clean and organize room, study for tests, write ideas for blog and many other things.

   

    2. Prioritize

On the top of the list write things that are important and due tomorrow, like projects, tests, and medical appointments. This will help you finish the main things of your day and not feel guilty about forgeting the important tasks.




   3. Have settled tasks and make a routine

Set everyday goals for yourself, like mine are stretches, study french and Italian, read, and study for the SAT. I do them every single day, and that helps me stay focused and develop skills, and I look foward everyday on doing them after I do my important tasks.





  4. Multitasking

If you are the type of person that can do more than one thing at the same time, this is for you. Do something simple with something more challenging. I like to do my stretches while I study french and italian, or watch a video class while washing the dishes. This helps when you are in a hurry and don't have time to check off everything on your list.






 5. The Leftovers


We all have those days that we have no time to finish all task on the list, but you can always put it on the other days list, or on the weekends list. But make sure that the only thing that are left are the simple tasks, things that weren't that important to finish that day.






Hope you all are having an awesome weekend and that this post helps you to start making lists and organizing your life, but if you already do that hope that you find some new tips that can improve your list making skills.


Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment