Friday, May 15, 2015

Book Review : The Diary of a Young Girl


I have finally finished Anne Frank's diary, it took a couple months to finish due to my lack of time. I just had so many tests and projects that I couldn't end a single book, but now it is all done (actually my tests started again last week), I am now devoting at least an hour to read every single day and I promise that I will try to write a review at least every month.

My thoughts ...

I found the book just amazing, she was such a talented young girl and it makes me really sad to remember that she died so young with a whole future ahead of her. I related to her so much, we are so similar. She liked the same things as me, like history of art, languages, books, greek mythology and she felt ununderstood by her family (and I can totaly relate with that sometimes). 
One of the things that got me by surprised was the fact that she was very open minded, I didn't expect that from a girl that lived in the 1940s. I really loved her personality, she was very intelligent and a very opinionated person.

While reading the diary I couldn't think of anything else but " I just wished I could talk to her, she's so relatable. We could totaly be friends". And I felt this way until the end, until her last words. 

She was just so hopeful, she had hope that everything was going to be ok and that the germans were going to loose the war, and that she could live a normal life again with her family. I got hopeful too, but I knew the ending already and that it wasn't going to end as happy as she predicted. 

Turning to the last page was agonizing. I stared at the page for a few minutes and I new that that was it, she was gone. I don't know what happend after she wrote the last word. Anne and her family were probably discovered and taken to a concentration camp. 
I will never forget the way this book impacted me, I'll not forget the girl that after all she had suffered ( famine, loneliness, insecurities, fear), still never gave up on herself and in humanity.

I can't have enough of this book, I've already recommended to everybody I know. If you are reading this and are debating if you should read it or not, totaly do read it. It is not just a book/diary about the war, it is a diary of a girl growing up. And this book is perfect for kids that are in their preteen years, like 13, because they can grow up with Anne and rely on someone that is going through the same phase as they are ( of course in different circunstances).



I hope you all enjoyed the review, and thank you for 140 followers on Bloglovin. Have a great weekend, 

Ana


2 comments:

  1. Anne Frank's Diary is one of my favourite books, I read it when I was 16. She was such a brave young girl and never gave up.

    A lovely review

    Rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad you liked it. And you thank you so much for your comment.

      Ana

      Delete