Friday, May 8, 2015

Weekend Trip | Nova Veneza


I'm so sorry I've been away for almost a week. I wanted to write a post about my trip, but I didn't have internet connection since Sunday afternoon. But now I am here and I want to tell you guys all about my weekend trip. I went to Nova Veneza, it is a small city in the south of Brazil, more specifically in the state of Santa Catarina. It's a city that received a lot of Italian immigration in the 19th centuary so it has a lot of Italian culture, that is probably the strongest feature of the city.  

It's a lovely city. It has this peaceful atmosphere about it that is kind of unexplainable. The first thing we did there was to visit the local immigration museum. The place was very beautiful, very old too. It's architecture was amazing. In the musuem there were things that belonged to Italians that once lived in the city and other things that had an importance to the city's history.

After the musuem, we went to the local shops. We entered a local and small craft bakery, it had delicious treats like cookies, breads, chocolate and some typical italian stuff too. But the best shop I went in was the Gelateria, it had amazing original italian gelato ( gelato means ice cream in italian), It was just so delicious. And the most surprising part was that they had lactose free ice creams. I got a natural kiwi flavored gelato.

After eating a lot, my family and I went to a tradicional italian winery. Like every other thing in this trip, the winery was beautiful as well. We could taste some wine and grape juice (don't worry people I only drunk grape juice), and there were some other treats too. In the end we could buy some wine and other grape products if we wanted, like jam. When we went outside the winery we found these two Araras ( a lovely and beautiful bird that can be found here in Brazil, but it is an endangered species), and I took a picture of them because it is rare to see an Arara.






























It was a quick trip, we spent just a day in Nova Veneza. The actual trip was a city near there, where we spent 3 days. Hope you all enjoyed this post and Nova Veneza too. If you have the opportunity to visit it one day, you totaly should, it is the most Italian city of Brazil.

Hope you are having a great Friday,

Ana


No comments:

Post a Comment