Saturday, May 23, 2015

Would You Rather Book TAG !




I wanted to write a post today but I didn't know what to write. So I thought about answering a tag, more specifically a book tag of course. I found this tag on youtube and I thought that it very interesting to watch and answer. It is a book version of the Would You Rather Tag that has been going on on youtube for years now. This Tag was created by RayKayBooks on youtube, you should totaly check the video and the channel out. 

So, let's start with the tag, shall we?

Would You Rather...


1. Read only trilogies or stand alones?
2. Read only female or male authors?
3. Shop at Barnes & Noble or Amazon?
4. All books become movies or t.v. shows?
5. Read 5 pages per day or 5 books per week?
6. Be a professional reviewer or author?
7. Only read your top 20 favorite books over and over or always read new ones that you haven't read       before?
8. Be a librarian or book seller?
9. Only read your favorite genre, or every genre except your favorite?
10. Only read physical books or eBooks?



Answers...

1. As much as I love reading series and triologies, I have to pick stand alones. I don't know why I like stand alones so much, but when I finish one it makes me feel joyful and complete. Maybe it is the fact that the story ends shortly and that it always a easy read. I know that you don't get connected with the character as much as you do in series, but I think sometimes you don't need to get attached with the characters but actually with the stories.

2. Well, I don't really have a preference, I really don't look at the gender of the author when I pick up a book or even the name of the author, I just read a book because of it's sinopsis. But if I had to choose, I would choose female authors, just because I have read more books written by women.

3. Barnes&Noble of course. Keep the bookstores alive! I love going to the bookstore and just wondering around looking for the perfect book. And the smell of bookstores are just amazing.

4. There is a lot of chances that a book to movie/tv show adaptation won't be as perfect as the book or as good as the book as well, so I have always this fear inside me when there is a book that is going to be transfromed into a movie or show. So if  I had to choose, I would choose a movie. Just because it is smaller and I think the story (depending on the book) can be told in a 2 hour movie.

5. Is there any in between? I certainly won't feel satisfied with only 5 pages a per day, but I know I won't be able to read 5 book a week. So I will have to choose 5 pages sorry. 

6. Author for sure. I like reviewing books, but I like to think that I don't have the right to judge badly a book just because I didn't like it. Because probably someone else loved it, and the person who wrote the book put in her time and effort to write it, so I don't think that I would be a proffesional reviewer.

7. Read new one's that I haven't read before. Personaly I don't enjoy rereading, because there are so many new book to read that I don't like reading one that I have already read and loved, when I can read and love new books. I just reread when I need to, like when for work and projects or just when I didn't really get the book and have to read it again to make up my opinions about it.

8. Kind of a hard question. Well, it is a win win situation, because both of the jobs you are able to work with books... so I would choose bookseller. Because you can get new books ahead of time and help people in stores with their book choices. I really like the ideia of it.

9. Every genre except my favorite. This one is kind of easy because I don't really have a favorite genre, kind of cheating too, but I would prefer having a variety of book to choose from than just one.

10. Physical of course. I not the type of person that likes to read from of a screen, it just tires my eyes and I can't get focused in my reading. And physical books are just heaven, the smell, the feeling when you hold on to it...it's priceless. 



I hope you are having a great day and that you enjoyed this post.

Have a awesome weekend,

Ana 

4 comments:

  1. Such an interesting tag, would you mind if I do this tag on my blog..?
    http://www.ainnabila.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course, I wouldn't mind a bit. You should totaly do it, it fits perfectly with your blog. I would love to read your answers,

      ana

      Delete
  2. I love reading tags and its so sweet to come across a book related one!
    I completely agree physical books over ebooks everyday!!

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the tag, I love answering tags specially when it is book related. Thanks for your lovely comment,

      Ana

      Delete