Saturday, July 11, 2015

Paper Towns Movie Review




I went yesterday to the movies with my friends to see the film Paper Towns. It was my first time watching a movie that was inspired by a book without having had read the book itself. Because of that I can't make a true, awesome and detailed review comparing the movie with the book. I kind of felt guilty about it, specially because I loved the movie so much. But this is going to be an honest review written by a girl that didn't read the book before watching the movie. And I think most people can relate to this situation, I think, because most of the time people, inclueding myself, don't have time to read the book before the movie comes out.

But I will be doing a review on the book Paper Towns soon. I know for a fact that I will be getting the book as a birthday present from one of my best friends, so you can be sure that I will read it and write a review about. And I will definitly compare the book and the movie on that review, so don't worry.

I actually thought of not writing this post and just wait to read the book and review it with the movie, but I couldn't help myself, I loved this movie and I really needed to talk with you guys about it. I am not going to tell the story because I know most of you might know it already, because of it's popularity. So I'm just going to jump to the review and tell my true and honest opinion.

I laughed I lot in this movie, the characters were extremely funny and sarcastic like all of the other John Green characters. And they each were very unique and different from one another, if I had to pick my favorites characters it would be Margo and Quentin. 

I absolutely loved Margo's personality, she was such a free spirit, smart and very bold. She inspired me in ways, to be more adventurous and you know, just live life and just care for the things that really matter and not superficial stuff. And Quentin, he was amazing. Even if the movie was just like 2 hours, I could see his character developing, growing, getting out of his comfort zone and shell. And that really inspired me too.

Other thing that I really loved was that it happend in florida. If you don't now, florida is my birth state and I like to think that I am pretty attached to it in a way. And seeing it on the screen made me very happy.

Now about some technical stuff. The acting was just beautiful, But we have to take a minute for the american accent that Cara Delevigne did, it  was very awesome and very well done. In my opion she was a great actress.

I had a very Fault in Our Stars vibe in this movie, specially when Ansel Elgort poped up in the middle of the movie! All the people that were at the movies screamed, it was pretty awesome.


Now let's talk about the general story itself. The message that I got from the movie was so powerfull, that I need to read this book, because I think I will get an even bigger reflextion if I read every single word in those pages. I know that it is just fiction and it is just a book, but it doesn't mean that it can't deeply inspire you in a way that you can change the way you are living life. It made me think trough all of my goals in life and the ones from people that surround me. How all of these goal are superficial and don't matter at all actualy, and how we live in a world that everything that really matters doesn't matter and every single shallow thing is the most important.  

I don't know if everyone that watched this movie got the same message as me, but I know that I got it because now that I am finishing high school there is all this pressure that I have to choose a degree, go to college, get a job, get well payed, have a family and them I will be happy. But the movie showed that that isn't necessaraly true, why can't we be happy right now? Happy with the simple things and the things that matter.

I will end this post here, because if I don't I will continue talking and writting forever about this movie and topic. So, leave your comment and opion about the movie down bellow if you have watch it. Or if you had the same or other thoughts about the message of the movie, feel free to tell them down bellow.

I hope you all have a great weekend,

Ana 









No comments:

Post a Comment