Sunday, August 2, 2015

Birthday Haul



You probably already know, if you read my latests blog posts, that my birthday was last month and I turned 17. There wasn't a party or anything like that, because on the day of my birthday my grandfather wasn't feeling very well so we took him to the hospital. Thank God it was nothing, the doctor said that ir was just one of the side effects of one of the medications he takes.

 So the next day my mom and I decided to go out and celebrate my birthday. We went to this event that happens every year in my city. It is a two-week event that is all about dance and art. So there are a lot of dance presentations and dance attire that you can purchase. I needed to buy some new ballet clothes for this new semester, so I didn't see a better opportunity.

First thing I bought was a black 3/4 sleeve leotard. It is very nice quality and the fit is perfect, I love how the back is a lot more open. In my opinion leotards like these are so elegant. The next thing I purchased was light pink tights and a new pair of ballet slippers. I didn't inclued them here in this haul, because 1° the tights weren't that cute to take a picture of and 2° I'll be doing a review on my new ballet slippers after the first day of ballet class. So be prepared for a review on ballet shoes.

Next thing that I needed for ballet were skirts. I found these two beautiful skirts at the same store I bought my leotard. I just wanted some really bright skirts, so I chose a bright pink one and a flowered patterned yellow one. They are very comfortable. Last thing I purchased at the event were legwarmers. There was a sale happening in one of the stores, the deal was "3 pairs of legwarmers for 5 each", a pretty great deal here in Brazil. So I decided to buy some neutral pairs. My favorite one is the black one, it is just so soft.

Now for the book part. As I mentioned before, on my Paper Towns Movie Review, I would get this book as a birthday present from two of my best friends. So it happend. I'm very greatful for this book, after watching the movie I got very excited to read it. And this movie edition cover is just beautiful. And the second book in this haul I bought yesterday with some of the birthday money I got from my relatives. Confessions of a Shopaholic has been a book that I have been wanting to read for ages, bacause I love so much the movie. So I went to the book store and told myself that I was going to get this book. I don't no why, but I kept pushing it away. But this time I was determined. I was going to get the portuguese edition, but the american edition was a lot cheaper, so I think it was my lucky day. American books here in Brazil usually cost a lot more than the brazilian ones.













I hope you enjoyed this little post. Have a great week,

Ana

2 comments:

  1. Paper Towns and Confessions of a Shopaholic are two of my favourite books! Hope you enjoy them and happy belated birthday!

    www.ramblingsofanotherunistudent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you so much, it's very sweet of you. I hope to read one of the book on the following month, but I am so busy with school books that I don't know if I will be able to. But I want to read them so bad, because the movies were very good, specially Confessions of a Shopaholic that has been my favorite for years now.

      Thanks again for the birthday wishes,

      Ana

      Delete