Friday, August 28, 2015

My Vegan Journey Update + Favorite Foods


Hello guys. I'm so sorry for not posting this week, I was just so busy with tests that I couldn't even write a post. But since today is Friday, I decided to write a simple post just updating you all about how my vegetarian journey is going and how I am feeling.

Well, I have been vegetarian for a month and a half now. I don't consider myself as vegan yet, because I still have a lot to change and improve in my diet so I don't feel like I can receive this"title". But my goal is to become vegan, but it takes time that is why it is called a journey. 

Being a month into this journey, I have been feeling a lot more energetic, I don't feel so sleepy as often as I did before. And the number 1 thing I noticed that has changed completely was my bathroom schedule, but that is too awkward to talk about.

Let's talk about food!

I cant' lie, it has been a challenge to make food everyday, specially if you go to school in the morning like myself. But my mom has been helping me with my meals, so thank you mom. The biggest challenge for vegetarian/vegan people I think is to be creative, because sometimes so get tired of the same food every single day and that can discourage you to continue your journey. So I've been trying to get a little creative with my food, not like crazy creative, but try to vary my meals.

So first picture you can se if very simple and very tradicional brazilian dish. There are rice and beans (very brazilian), salad, some fried yucca (not so healthy but delicious) and the final thing is soy protein. This is like a holy grail products when you are vegan or vegetarian, it looks like meat, but is so much better. But a warning you have to season it right, so it tastes good. If you don't it won't taste good at all. I recommend you seasoning it with some shoyu or paprika, and of course put some vegetables in it like tomatoes, corn and onions...It will taste delicious.

Second picture is a breakfast that I had a few weeks ago, but I have been repeating this "recipe" like 3-4 times a week. It is just a slice of whole wheat bread with some peanut butter and bananas on top. I like to put some raisins,cinammon and  some oats on it too. It just keeps you full and energetic all morning, and with some coffee it gets a 100 times better.

Third and final food is this simple sandwich. But I made a special patty from soy protein that it looks just like meat, but better. I will probably write a recipe post on this patty, because I have to share with people how good it is. So, I made the patty and put in the middle of two breads of course, and then filled it with vegetables. Very simple and a healthier option from normal burgers.












So I hope you all enjoyed this simple post and that you are having a great day. If you have any questions about veganism or vegetarianism you can leave them down bellow. Or if you have any tips for a beginner like me please please leave a comment, I'd love to read what you have to say .


Ana


No comments:

Post a Comment