Saturday, September 5, 2015

Changing Your Mind About The Future Is OK





For the past two weeks I've changed my mind probably 14 times about college and future life stuff. I'm not even kidding. I had a new plan every single day and I was driving my parents crazy, because of all the changes of mind. I was even embarrased about telling friends and family about it, because that made me seem like a very confused person and that I didn't have a clue about what to do with my life.Well, I am pretty confused, but I don't want people to know that I am. Do you know what I mean? 

I have to constantly remind myself that I'm only 17 and that I'm too young to be stressing out about the future. Or that I'm young and have infinite possibilities, so I can change change my mind from something to another any time. But then there is all this pressure, is not that people pressure me to choose a carrer, actually is not that at all. But I feel pressured. I see all these kids in my class and they all know what they want in life, or they think they do, but overall they know even if it might not be the right thing for them. And that makes me feel pressured and ashamed, I wish I could be more determined.

I'm writing this post for myself and for everyone who is confused about the future. You can be 17 like myself, or in your twenties, forties, whatever age you are, you can change your mind any time. It doesn't have to be about the future, it can be about a purchase, about having kids, having pets, wearing boots instead of high heels or even choosing between ketchup or mustard. Your mind is free, you can change it anytime, you just have to have the will to do it.

But who am I to write a post about changing your mind about the future, if I am pretty confused myself? Like I said before, this post is not just to help you guys, but for myself too. To remind myself that I can always change my mind without the feer of being judged and called fickle.

Yesterday I had the greatest idea ever for the future. Well, I know that the future is uncertain so plans might not work out that well, but I like to have a perspective just to keep me going and working hard for what I want. So I am considering taking a gap year before college. A year for me to find myself and discover what I really want in life. I want to work and study for the year, and of course continue my ballet class. And after a year, I want to go to college in a another city that has the degrre course I want, that is History. They have it here in my city, but the course is not that great, so I'm thinking of moving cities. I'm going to write another post, probably next week, about how I discovered the major that I like and I hope that helps you finding the major that you like as well. So stay tuned for next week's post.

So I'm going to end this post here by saying that is never to late to change your mind and that you can do it as much as you want. So I hope that you enjoyed this post and if you related to anything I wrote, you can leave a comment down bellow about your changes of mind stories.

I hope you all are having a great day.

See you next week,


Ana


No comments:

Post a Comment