Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Movie Favorites Review | September




Hi everyone! I hope you all are having a wonderful day and that you don't mind my absence for about 2 weeks now. I'm very sorry, just been very tired of all the tests that I had for about a month. I thought that I needed a little time for myself, I hope you understand. 

But, I'm not here today to give excuses again, I'm here to write my favorite monthly post, that is the Movie Favorites Review. This post is indispensable for me, because I love sharing with people movies that I enjoyed, specially when it involves Netflix, and because it is a great way to keep track of the movies I have watched. So this month I watched quite a lot of things, but I only gadered 5 movies/Tv show to recommend you this month. Well, I was looking through them again and just two of them are actually from Netflix, I'm sorry, but all the others I watched them online so you could propably find them and watch them too.

So let's start, shall we?

1. Phoebe in Wonderland

In my opinion this movie was amazing, although it doesn't have that many stars on Netflix. But I thought it was so unique, that I can't imagine someone rating it low. Well, the movie is about a creative 9-year-old girl named Phoebe and she lives with a syndrome called tourette. Her parents actually don't know that she has this syndrome until the end of the movie and neither does she. The movie revolves around a school play of Alice in Wonderland and the struggles that Phobe faces because of her syndrome not yet discovered. 

The movie is great I'm telling you, trust me. It is very inspiring watching Elle Fanning acting such a difficult and complex character like Phoebe. And the character herself is inspirational. I never heard about Tourette before and this movie taught me a lot about it. Is beautiful. Just watch it.

2. Love, Rosie

Oh this movie, let me tell you, I cried at almost every scene...not even kidding. I just loved it. It reminded me a lot of the movie One Day, but this one has a happy ending. You probably already know about what the movie is about, because it is really popular...I think. But I'm still going to give you a short summary of what it is about. 

The movie is about the friendship of Rosie and Alex and how a simple situation or mistake can change the whole entire course of your life. But in the end, if is destiny, there is nothing that can stop something from happening.

 And this is all I am going to tell you about this movie, because I don't want to spoil you. If you enjoey the movie One Day you will love this one, no doubt. It is just so real.

3. The Virgin Suicides

What a mystery! I don't have a clue of what actually happend with the sisters. This is not a spoiler ok? The title of the movie is The Virgin Suicides, so you already have an idea of what it might happend through out the movie. 

I'm very intrigued by it, that made me want to read the actual book. This movie is so different and enigmatic. I really enjoyed it. This is what I call a typical tumblr movie. Is one of those types that you always see gifs and quotes of it in tumblr, that's how I actually discovered it. I love tumblr movies haha... that is how I found out about Pulp Fiction too.

4. Narcos

Oh this was the highlight of the month. Gosh, this is one of the best Tv show that I ever seen. It is up there with Prison Break (that is my ultimate favorite tv show of all time), so you kind of can have an idea of how good it is. I really was surprised by the show, wasn't expecting much of it. But the story blew my mind, I never knew that all of that actually happend. And that, that was the beginning of the huge production of drugs and all the narcotrafic that stands till this day.

I really recommend if you like to learn a little bit more about history and how the drug world that we know now began in the 60s. Another thing that was very outstanding was the acting, it was just phenomenal. Wagner Moura, that is a brazilian actor, was awesome. He played the character of Pablo Escobar, who is probably the main character of this show. And the story is real guys.

You all have to watch it. I just want to warn you about the strong scenes that there are in the show, so just be aware of that when watching. If you don't feel comfortable watching those scenes you can always skip, like I did. And another thing, the tv show is like 80% in spanish. So if you don't have a knowledge in the language, you will have to read subtitles. I read almost all the show,but I kind of could get some of the parts because of it's similarity to portuguese, so it wasn't that hard. But the show is worth reading subtitles for, just saying.

5. Life Partners

I didn't watch this movie on netflix, but you can find it on the internet of course. I wanted to see this movie for a long time now, because it is with Leighton Meester. And I really enjoyed it actually, it is really funny. It is just a movie about friendship, but very inspiring too. It is a very light movie, so I recommend for a day that you want to chill. 




So I hope you all enjoyed this month's movie favorites post and that you are having a great day. And if you have any suggestions of movies or Tv shows, you can leave them down bellow,

Thank you all for reading,

Ana

No comments:

Post a Comment