Wednesday, September 16, 2015

What is ASMR? + My Favorite Channels



Hi everyone. I'm so sorry for not posting last weekend,I was very busy studying for some finals. But sadly the tests are continuing until the end of next week. But the good news is that is almost October and summer is closer and school will ending in just a few months, so there will be a lot of post in summer time. 

Well, but I'm not here to talk to you guys about school and tests. Is actually the complete opposite of all that... Is about relaxation. In the beginning of the year I discovered this new ( new for me of course, because many of you probably already heard about it) method of relaxation that is going on on youtube for quite a while now. It is called ASMR. 

ASMR stands for Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response, being a pleasure tingling sensation in the head, scalp and back that you get in response to visual, auditory and  tactile. Well, I used the help of Wikipedia for the meaning of this one, because I could not explain it myself. But I hope you got the meaning of it, if not I will explain and describe it really informally so that I can understand and you guys too. 

So there are plenty of ASMR videos on youtube and they are basicaly people tapping, whispering, scratching, brushing everything. Yeah, when I first saw a video myself, I thought that was crazy too. The first video I watched was a hair brushing video and it was AMAZING! I never felt so relax my whole entire life. Hair brushing is one of my favorite triggers.

There are a variety of different triggers that you can't even imagine, so you just have to watch some videos to find out what suits you the best. I recommend watching videos when you want to fall a sleep, it helps a lot. Or when you are very stressed out from a hectic day and just want to relax. One thing that asmr videos really help me is to concentrate, I love watching videos while I'm exercising or studying.

So now that you know a little bit more about ASMR you can check out some youtube channels so that you can start watching some videos. Here are my favorite ASMR Channels:










I just want to end this post off by saying that I, by no means, am a professional on ASMR or anything like that. I just wrote this post just to let you guys know, if you don't already, about it. So if you want more information on ASMR, you can always research professional opinions and people on youtube that make video. 

And for the lovely picture, I used for this post, is by Annemiek Van Der Kuil. She is a photographer and she has some of her work on Flicker. If you want to check it out, the link is bellow the picture.


So I hope you all are having an amazing day and that you enjoyed this post.

Have a great week,

Ana






No comments:

Post a Comment