Friday, January 30, 2015

Book Review: The Blood of Olympus by Rick Riordan


I'm so sad that the series has ended, I wanted it to be continued forever and ever, but well I think that can't be done. When this book came out I had a lot of mixed feeligs about it, I was happy, but sad too. Because it was a great part of my life ( well, it was not like HP, but for me they were on the same level), and I did not want it to end. I remember when my friend recommended it to me, it was 9th grade, and at first I was not going to read it, because I had seen the movie and I thought it did not make sense. I used to say " Oh, but Harry Potter is way better and bla bla bla", I didn't even give chance for the series, but my friend convinced me, and it turned out to be one of my favorites series of all time.







Well, I can't say that I didn't love this book, because if Rick Riordan had written a book with only 5 pages about Percy Jackson, I would still say I loved it. But this book kind of got me disappointed, I was expecting a lot more from the last book. I missed the narrative from Annabeth and Percy's point of view, although I was really satisfied with the other chapters. 
I thought I would not like the Reyna and Nico chapters, but I absolutely loved it, they were my two favorite narrators. I have so much to say about this book and it's ending, but I don't want to spoil anyone who's reading the series or this book, then I'm just going to finish up saying that this whole entire series is awsome, and totally recommended to anyone who loves adventures. This book is awesome to give to kids who want to get into reading, and grow up with a series.
There are two series with 5 books each, one is called "Percy Jackson and the Olympians", that is focused on Percy and his adventures. And the second series is called "Heroes of Olympus", that follows 7 demigods that have to destroy Gaea and save the world. There is a lot more than this, but if you want to read the series without knowing a lot, these are the basics.






The book came with this fan art poster, I love it!






No comments:

Post a Comment