Wednesday, January 28, 2015

My Favorite Childhood Book


 I've been a book lover since forever. when I was little, my mom always read to me and took me to libraries and bookstores, and I think that influenced me a lot. If my mom hadn't encourage me to read, I probably would not enjoy reading as much as I do now. 
 These two books are part of a series called Adventure Museum. The Van Gogh one is called " Who's going to find Van Gogh's treasure?" (literally translating), and the Michelangelo book it's called "Who's going to find out Michelangelo's secret?".
I found out about this series when I was 11 years old, my middle school teacher told my class that we could go to the library and pick up a book that we find interesting. And then I picked up a Leonardo da vinci book ( that was part of the Adventure Museum book series), I found it fascinating and when I finished it, I noticed that there were other books and that it was a series. And that was how I discover about these two books.












The book takes place on a museum and you follow two main characters, pablo, a dog that has colorful paws, and a person. The second character does not have a name or a gender, and that is why it is so fun and interesting to read, it's like you are in the book, and it's differently written, I don't know how to explain this exactly, but it's like the book is narrating what you are doing. Here is an example from the book, " you climb the stairs and positione yourself in front of the green door...".
The book tells the story of the adventures of these two characters, that involves time traveling, meeting artists and their past and a horrible vilan that wants to steal the museum art work.

The Van Gogh book was the one that started my obsession with his art. I remember that my dad had these old magazines, that had on the last pages an artcle about art, and when they had an article about Van Gogh, I used to cut it off of the magazine and pin it on my board. And when Van Gogh's favorite color was yellow, mine was too. I remember that I graduated middle school wearing a yellow dress.

No comments:

Post a Comment