Thursday, February 19, 2015

Recipe: Orange Glazed Cake



This was, I think, the first cake I learned how to bake by myself. I found the recipe in my mother's old recipe book, I don't know where she got it from, but I can asure this is an amazing cake. Well you can see from other posts that I kind of love cake, and that is absolutely true, I love backing as much I like eating it after. I have a sweet tooth.
If you haven't noticed all of the cakes I posted are very easy to make, do to my lack of talent in backing, but they all turn ou pretty good and tasty. Like the others, this cake is all done by a blender, I just but all ingredients there and done. This time I am going to explain step by step for the cake.

  1. First wash your orange well then cut it in to four pieces and take off any seeds and those white stuff that there is in the orange. No need to peel the orange, we are going to use the orange skin for this recipe, kind of crazy but it makes the cake taste totaly diffrent. Next but it in the blender.
  2. Then but your sugar and eggs in the blender and blend it well with the orange. This step is very important because you don't want to have pieces of orange peel in your cake.
  3. Next put the oil in the blender, then blend it for a minute. Putting the vegetable oil for last makes the cake a lot smoother and moist.
  4. Next step is flour, put it slowly or it is going to get your blender stuck .
  5. Last step is backing powder!

Of course then but your mixture on a cake mold and put it in the preheated oven. I'm lactose intolerant and this cake is perfect me and for everybody in the same situation. Feel free to substitute any ingredients.






     Ingredients:                                                    40min  
  • 1 orange
  • 1 1/2 cups of flour
  • 1 1/2 cups of sugar
  • 1 cup of vegetable oil
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 tablespoon of backing powder
     Glaze:
  • 1 cup of powered sugar
  • 2 tablespoons of milk 
(I use lactose free milk, feel free to use any type you want)


Hope you like the recipe and if you try it out feel free to comment your opinions about it.

       Ana







No comments:

Post a Comment