Wednesday, February 18, 2015

What to wear for a beginners ballet class tryout?





I was very anxious not knowing what to wear for my first class, bacause I didn't have any slippers or a leotard, but I called the school and they told me what should I wear and stuff, because I didn't want to buy ballet shoes and clothing without knowing if I would like the class or not. I'm here to help you if you are thinking of going at a tryout class.
The only rule is comfiness, wear something that makes you feel comfortable and that is stretch approved, because you don't want to rip your pants while stretching muscules. I recommend wearing some long leggings, because them it will be easier to slide when stretching on the floor.
I don't think there is a specific top that you have to wear, it can be a flowy blouse or a tank top, but one time my teacher was saying that wearing a tight shirt can help to see the spine alignment and the posture.
Like all beginners I didn't have ballet slippers, than I wore a pair of socks for the first week, a good pair of thick sneackers socks can be a good ballet shoe for your tryout.
Hair always tied! This is very important, because you don't want to dance and have your hair always coming at your face. I recommend doing bun or a ponytail or even a braid, but the bun is the best thing because there won't be any hair moving around while you dance.
Hope this helps someone that is thinking about joining a ballet school, and hope you have a great day.

Ana



(picture from Flicker)

2 comments:

  1. I miss my ballet school so much, I'm desperate to find an adult class, but it hasn't been as easy as anticipated! This is making me so nostalgic. I find tight tanks easier to work in, anything too long or flowing can get a little in the way of posture when you're first learning arm placement etc.

    Sammy xo.

    littlefickleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I noticed the difference after wearing a leotard, it's a lot easier to work in.
      I had the same problem, I called every ballet school I knew asking if they had adults class, I even consired jazz, but then I finally found a school.
      I hope you find an adults class and that you like it as much as I like mine.
      And thanks for your comment, it made my day.

      Ana

      Delete