Monday, February 16, 2015

What's in my ballet bag?








This year I decided that I wanted to do something new ,for keeping active instead of going to the gym, then losts of things came in mind, like going back to swimming, a type of martial arts and tennis. But then I asked myself " why not go back to ballet?", I thought my parents were going to disagree with me and find my dicision kind of childish ( because there still people that believe that ballet is just for children), but they thought it was a great ideia and it would be very good for me to change things up a little bit.
I found this awesome school in my city, and I fell in love with it, it is just so cute and the teacher is so nice and friendly, the studio is huge and and very spacious, I thought I would not like the class and would choose jazz over ballet, but I didn't even need to go to a jazz tryout because I loved the ballet class. I did ballet from the ages of 5 through 11, but I never got to pointy shoes. I gave up ballet for reasons that I don't actually remember, but I wanted to go back years later but did not get the chance to, because I was on a swimming team. I always thought ballet was so beautiful to watch and apreciate.




 Let's start with what's in my dance bag, shall we?


My bag is this gym sack that I got from school, it's very pratical and has a nice size, it fits everything in it. Because I am in an adults class I don't have uniform and can wear almost everything that is comfy enough to dance in it. I usually don't bring my clothes in my bag, normally I am wearing them, but I decided to put them in the bag just to show what I usually wear during class. 
The first item is my navy blue leotard, I actually bought this at the ballet school that's why it has a logo on it, but I really like it, it is very comfortable and it stretches a lot, what's good. 
Second item is a sweat shirt, it is actually just a very thin long sleeve shirt, but is warm enough for the cold class, I got it from tj maxx a few years ago and I thought it was just too cute to leave behind.
The last thing in the red bag is a pair of capri leggings, I don't like wearing the leotard by itself too much, then I usually just wear leggings over them, plus they help keep me warm during class.








Inside the red bag I have another bag (kind of odd I know) that I use to carry my ballet shoes and some other random stuff. First thing inside is a pair of thick socks, just in case something happends with my ballet shoes I can still do the class. Second, I have this type of skirt/shall, in case I am feeling in the mood for a skirt or just to help to stretch out muscules.
Next item is my legwarmers, so helpful, like I have said before, the class is freezing and this is a absolute must and I really like how the grey color looks with the pink ballet shoes. Fourth item is tights, I really like this one because it has an open toe, what is very less painful when putting on bellet slippers, and it looks like skin ( kind of weird, but cool at the same time).
Last but not least, of course ballet slippers. These ones are great, but I recommend you to buy like two or just one number larger than your actual shoes. I was going to choose the black ones, but I think the pink is so classic and beautiful.























Hope you all liked this post and thanks for reading it.
Next post is probably going to be about ballet again.




No comments:

Post a Comment