Sunday, March 1, 2015

Book Review: The Moth Diaries by Rachel Klein









I remember when I found out about this title, it was in the year 2011, 7th grade, and I was just looking for new movie releases and discovered the movie "The Moth Diaries". I was so fascinated with it that I made my best friend promise that she would go to the movies and watch it with me. I don't no why I liked it so much, probably because of the idea boarding school, bacause it wasn't like an over hyped movie.

The realese date was coming up and there was no where in my city that was going to realese it, and I kind of gave up hope ( In 2011 I didn't even imagine that I could watch it online), until I found out about the book. But I couldn't find the book anywhere either and just ended up forgeting the whole thing. Then last year with no reason at all I remembered about the book and movie, and decided to watch and read it.

I absolutely love this book, it is so creepy and mysterious, and boarding school movies/books always give me the chills. It's probably not everybody's taste, some people say that it is an awful book, like my best friend, she did not like it that much, not that she said that it was a horrible book, but it was just not her style.

The book is a diary of a girl that we never learn the name of, and she is dealing with her father's suicide. She goes to an all girls boarding school and there she meets Lucy, and they become best friends. A new girl shows up in the school, and she becomes friends with Lucy right away, leaving the main character with an obsessive behavior over her friend and raises suspicion that Ernessa ( the new girl) is a vampire, due to the facts presented in the book Carmilla that match up to Ernessa's behavior.

The interesting thing about this book is that you don't know if it is true or not, if Ernessa is really a vampire or if the main character is blind of jealousy towards her friend, Lucy. And it is clear that with all that the girl is going through, that she is tormented and not stable.



Hope you all liked the post, and that you feel interested in looking up the book and movie. If you have read it already ot watch the movie, feel free to comment your opinions on it. Have a great week.

Ana



No comments:

Post a Comment