Saturday, April 25, 2015

Adult Ballet | My Experience



  Picture Link


I never thought I was going to go back or even like ballet at all again, but I was wrong as you can see. I've never felt so happy doing a sport in my life, I feel so complete. I always felt that something was missing, but I never thought it was ballet. 

I only do it twice a week, I wanted to do more classes, but for that to happend I have to improve my skills and then I can start doing classes 4 times a week. The moment I get into class and put on my ballet shoes everything feels light, I forget all problems and I just dance. It is a wonderful feeling, like everything and anything is possible.

I love ballet clothing, they are so cute and feminine, and I think they have an important role on my feelings in class. Of course they make me feel very free because of their comfort, but  they do have a special capacity of busting my comfidence, and that makes a total difference in my ballet experience and in my life.

Sometimes I think about how it would have been if I had never stopped dancing when a kid. Would I be a professional ballerina? Dance in coopetitions or be in a famous dance academy? And I realized that back then I didn't have the same passion for ballet as I have now, and it would just become a duty and I wouldn't have enjoyed as much. Now I know that my break from ballet happend for a reason, that is for me to realize how much I like it and then go back to it for the right reasons.

The class I take is great and the teacher is very professional and nice. She's french, I think that kind of influenced the way she teaches class. The students are really nice, and it is very awesome to meet new people that aren't the same age and share the same passion as you. In my class there are people of all ages ( older then 15 actually), body types, techniques and skills. That's why adult ballet is so different from the others, it's because os the freedom it gives to be yourself. It is not as strict as "normal" ballet, like you don't have to have the perfect bun and you don't have to wear uniform.

I can't recommend enough to everyone to tryout a class, if you don't like classic dance, there are so many different types of dance to choose from, like Lyrical, Hip Hop, Jazz and probably many others.


Hope you all are having a great weekend and that you enjoyed this post. I would love to know if this post helped you in any way,

Ana



No comments:

Post a Comment