Friday, April 17, 2015

Favorite Movies | April









  1. The Children's Hour
I love watching old movies, specially black and whites ones. This movie was my first favorite of the month because it stars Audrey Hepburn, and I love her movies so much. But there was one thing that intrigued me the most, the show of the subject homosexuality in the 1960s. I have never seen an old movie show such a controversial topic that it was at the time in a feature film, but I was very happy it did. But in the other hand it made me feel pretty sad seeing that almost 70 years later, society doesn't fully accept the topic. Although it is an old movie, it is very current and contemporary. I highly recommend watching this movie.


      2. Unbreakble Kimmy Schmidt


I am in love with this show, it is just hilarious. I recommended it to all my friends and relatives already, and I am ashamed to say that I finished the first season in 2 days, I know I am addicted. You can find this show on Netflix, in fact it is a show created by it. 
This show has such a unique plot, I've never seen nothing like this before, and the main character is so funny, I just loved it so much. 


      3. Little Birds

I discovered this movie on Netflix, at first I didn't give it much attention, but then I saw the movie poster and I thought it was really pretty and I watched it. It is not a bad or horrible movie, I liked it, it was just different. It has a independent movie feel, I don't know if it is, but it looks like one. I really recommend checking it out if you are in the mood for drama or just want to watch something new.


     4. The Audrey Hepburn Story

This movie is a nice way of learning about Audrey Hepburn's life, what she been through, how she became an actress and other adventures she had. Jennifer Love Hewiit played Audrey and I think she made a marvelous job on representing Hepburn's personality on screen. There was so much I didn't know about Audrey and the struggles she had been through, it made me admire her a lot more as an actress and as a person.

     5.  Girl, Interrupted

This movie is so great, a classic I think. The beauty of it is that it can be interpreted in so many different ways in which makes the movie different for everybody. I just really enjoyed it, it is a little  bit crazy I have to say, but really intriguing.


   6. The Impossible

I finish watching this movie yesterday, but I had to include it in my movie favorites. It is such an emotional movie, I cried in a lot of the scenes. This movie is about the 2004 tsunami that happend at Thailand, and it focuses on a family. The most fenomenal part of all of this is that it is a true story, I not about the tsunami part (because that definitely happend), I'm talking about the family's story. They been through all of that tragedy and survived, it is a beautiful story and makes you reevaluate life. I highly recommend it.




Hope you guys are having a great weekend, and thank you so much for 100 followers on Bloglovin.


Ana 

No comments:

Post a Comment