Friday, June 5, 2015

The Alchemist | Book Review







I first read this book when I was in 6th grade, but I didn't understand it as much as I did now. For me, at the time, the novel was just crazy and it didn't make sense at all. So I decided that I would read it again to see if I would interpret it differently that when I was 12. Well, of course it would be different, I was so young so I didn't think as much about the book, but as I was reading it this week I couldn't help but thinking how amazing the book is.

The Alchemist is a novel written by Paulo Coelho and it was translated in 65 different languages. I didn't think that a brazilian author could be so well knmow in the internacional community, it kind of got me by surpreise. The novel is about a young man named Santiago and he is a shepherd from Spain. He's dream is to travel the world, visit different places, learn diffent languages and cultures, and meet new people. But he almost gives up in his dreams. 

The whole story is around the fact that he had the same dream twice, and that the dream said that he should go to the pyraminds and find a treasure. So the book is about his journey in finding his treasure and his Personal Legend. He learns about the meaning of life and about the soul and the language of the world. This book is filled with meaningful lesoons, that is easily relatable and can be integrated in our lives. I leanred a lot from the book, that you should never give up on your dreams, and that everyone has a unique path, you just have to be courageous and find it yourself.

You can take in so much wisdom, all the details in this book have a true and powerful meaning. There is a big moral in the end of the story, but I won't tell you because it would be spoiling you about the ending of this magnificent book. If you liked this short review and is debating in reading it or not? Totally do. This book is like a must read for everyone that is searching for their path in life and want to go after their dreams or just want something totaly different from the conventional stories.


So I hope that you enjoyed this really short review and it convinced you in reading this book. Have a great weekend,

Ana









No comments:

Post a Comment